Pages

Friday, January 7, 2011

I LOVE this stuff

Was craving Chinese food tonight, but I had some chicken tenders defrosted so I had to use them.  Dug around in the cabinets and pulled out the bag of Louisiana brand Shrimp Fry.  I LOVE this stuff!  If I fried a shoe dipped in it, it would be delicious.

You just mix 5 tablespoons with a half cup of water and dip your shrimp, chicken, fish, onion rings, okra--whatever you've got handy.   After dipping in the wet mix, I usually dredge it in a small amount of dry mix as well.   It's not necessary though.

I put a couple of tablespoons of olive oil in a teflon fry pan.  (I could probably get away with less oil using the teflon), heat it up to at least 350 degrees and put the chicken in a pan.   No need to add anything extra with this batter.  It's perfectly seasoned.

Louisiana Fish Fry is a Baton Rouge company that's been around for 18 years.  Here's their website.  Check 'em out:  Louisiana Fish Fry.












No comments:

Post a Comment